The Reflections Program is a National PTA and Washington State PTA cultural arts competition.
The purpose of this program is to provide an opportunity for students to use their creative talents by expressing themselves through their own original works.
Young artists get involved through their local PTA or PTSA. A student may submit an entry in any of six arts areas. Only original works of art are accepted. The six art areas are: Visual Arts Photography, Literature, Music Composition, Dance Choreography, and Film Production.
This years theme is, "I Matter Because..."
A student may submit an entry in any of the following six art categories. Only original works of art are accepted.
- Literature: works of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, prose, drama, short stories and lyrics.
- Music Composition: original musical composition, with or without words.
- Photography: color or black and white, included techniques: photogram, negative sandwich, and multiple exposure.
- Visual Arts: architecture (2D/3D), carpentry, ceramics, collages, photographic collages (multiple
photos cut/pasted), computer-generated image, crafts, design, dioramas, drawing, fiber work, jewelry, kites, metal etching/punch work, mobiles, painting, printmaking, sculpture and wind chimes
- Film Production: original works, with or without sound, of animation, narrative, documentary, experimental or music video/film.
- Choreography/Dance: originally choreographed dance composition.
-Entry Forms: This form is required for all categories and must be turned into your front office along with your entry to participate.
For additional information, visit https://www.wastatepta.org/events-programs/reflections/